Dirty Blonde

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Global Gathering

The concert kicked ass. However, I'm still paying the price for it today. It lasted from noon until midnight and of course all the good bands didn't come on until late. Shinedown was the first good band to come on. I have to admit that they rocked. I wasn't overly fond of them before. They had a few good songs but nothing to write home about. After listening to them live, I'm a fan. That fucker can sing. He does look scary as hell though. Not the dirty rocker scary type....I kinda like that. He had more of a Charles Manson, I'm going to gut your ass, look. Still.....He can sing his ass off. It was during their set that Joan had her first taste of the pit. Some big dudes decided to start moshing right next to us. She screamed and flung her beer all over me. Vic was trying to protect us but my ass was already gone. I don't play that shit. I've already had one blackeye from a concert. I don't need another one. Five minutes later, she was right on the edge of the circle pushing them back. Sorry but I'm not that brave. I've seen the moshers get crazy where the swinging in every direction possible. After Shinedown, we had about 3 hours before another good band played so we decided to have a few drinks. After about 4 beers, for some reason I decided to get airbrushed. I have no idea why. All I can say is the alcohol and heat took hold of me. This picture would have been a hell of a lot better but they ran out of pasties. It seems that you can't run around with your naked breasts painted. You have to have your nipples covered. For some reason it's illegal. So......I had to keep my top on and paint around it. It actually looked pretty good for a while.


My paint didn't last all night. We got back in the pit when Avenged Sevenfold started playing. We started working our way to the front because Rob Zombie was on next. I saw Zombie at Ozzfest last year and he kicked ass. This year, I believe he was drunk. He still kicked ass but he seemed to skip a few lyrics. I know this happens sometimes but he was skipping entire verses. Overall, I'd still give him an A. This was also about the time that I lost my sunglasses. I have a bad habit of losing expensive sunglasses. But....I had kept this pair for about 2 years so at least I got a lot of use out of them. They were lost somewhere in the pit and it was impossible to try and look for them. It was impossible to even bend down by that point. I became very well acquainted with everyone around me. The guy in front of me, with the red shirt on, had a red and blue shirt and I didn't have a trace of the $40.00 airbrush job. At least I still have a picture which was sent to me from some guy that took it for me at the concert. I also have some beads. I'm not really sure how I got those.

Worst part of the day- I used a port-o-potty for the first time. Holy shit!!!!! Those things are nasty. For men it wouldn't be as bad. There was never any toilet paper and you can't wash your hands anywhere. It was basically piss, drip dry and pull your pants up over the piss that inevitably ran down your legs because you sure as hell are not going to sit on that thing. The only good thing was that they reeked of pot so I got a nice contact buzz from being in it so long.....in the dark.....no lights either.

Now......I can't wait for Ozzfest. The tickets go on sale the 25th of this month.

AC/DC
You Shook Me All Night Long


Posted by drunkbh :: 11:36:00 PM :: 16 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------