Dirty Blonde

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Warped Tour

I am finally recovering from my weekend. It started out Friday when I decided to go out for a few drinks with some friends. I had every intention of coming home at a decent time. I knew that I would need the sleep because I had the Warped Tour the next day. That plan went to hell really fast. I ended up hitting three bars before I crawled home at 4am. The next morning my head felt like it was splitting open. It was one of the worst hangovers I've ever had. This made getting out of bed a bitch. I barely made it to our designated meeting place. Actually, I was 30 minutes late. They should be accustomed to me being late by now.

The concert started at 11am. We didn't get there until 2:30. That made for some real interesting parking. We had to park 2 fucking miles away. I was ready to go home by the time we got there. I was hot, tired and hungover. I should add that outdoor concerts in Florida suck mad cock. Within 30 minutes I was debating to say what the hell and ask them if we could just go home. Finally, we decided to hit the mist tent to see if it would help. A mist tent is a tent set up that feels like a cool shower. It is misty with cold water pouring down from several faucets in the roof. They actually charge for this shit. I never would have thought that I would pay to be hosed down fully clothed. It was so worth every damn dime. I got under the faucet and got every square inch of me wet. We probably spent 10 minutes in there. Jh had to drag me out. It made the rest of the afternoon a little cooler even thought walking around in wet clothes was a little uncomfortable.

We saw a lot of great band there. We also saw a lot of shitty bands. The pit was different for every band. In some of them, the kids were dancing around in a circle kicking their legs out...circle-jerk. The roughest was when Offspring was playing. As soon as they started everyone went apeshit. People were rushing the stage and shoving forward and backwards. After about 2 or 3 hard shoves I get pissed. I'll throw my elbow up and see how they like shoving into it....bastards. Vic was behind us trying to make sure we didn't get pulverized while DP was in front looking backwards for body-surfers. I have a serious dislike for body-surfers. This must be the most idiotic thing that you can do at a concert. I watched one girl hit the ground so hard I didn't think she would be able to get up. They weren't passing these people around gently, they were hurling their asses. We had about 20 people go over our heads in a matter of 30 minutes....Idiots!

At the end, it was a clusterfuck trying to get out. Everyone was pushing and shoving to get through...again, here's my elbow fuckers! Too bad we didn't pass the mist tent on the way out or I would've made another trip in there. I made Jh wait with me while they took the 2 mile hike to get the car. I'm normally not such a pussy but the hangover was still full force. I got home, went to bed and didn't wake up until 11 this morning.

I did learn a few things this weekend.
*Outdoor concerts suck ass
*I will pay to be hosed down
*When in the pit, it's nice to have a lookout and an anchor
*There are some serious fucking freaks living down here
*NEVER go out drinking the night before a concert

With all this bitching you would think that I hated it. I LOVED it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Posted by drunkbh :: 9:13:00 PM :: 8 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------